- Provide contractor grade acrylic, striping paint for new asphalt or coated asphalt.
- Provide contractor grade acrylic, alkyd, or chlorinated rubber striping paint for existing asphalt and concrete pavements or restriping.
- Apply marking paint in dry weather when pavement and atmospheric temperatures are fifty (50) degrees F. or above (or mfg. Specification) and are anticipated to remain above fifty (50) degrees F. for four (4) hours after completing application.
- Equipment: Commercial compressed air spray striping machine capable of applying an even coating at the manufacturer’ s recommended thickness in an even width across the stripe. Or Commercial airless spray striping machine capable of applying an even coating at the manufacturer’s recommended thickness in an even width across the stripe.
- Inspect existing pavement surfaces for conditions and defects that will adversely affect quality of work, and which cannot be put into an accept able condition through normal preparatory work as specified.
- Do not place marking over unsound pavements. If these, conditions exist, notify Owner/Architect/Engineer.
- Starting installation constitutes contractor’s acceptance of surface as suitable for installation .
- Layout markings using guide lines, templates and forms, Stencils and templates shall be professionally made to industry standards. “Free hand ” painting of arrows, symbols, or wording shall not be allowed.
- Thoroughly clean surfaces free of dirt, sand, gravel, oil and other foreign matter.
- Protect adjacent curbs, walks, fences, and other items from receiving paint.
- Apply marking paint at a rate of one (1) gallon per three to four hundred (300-400)
lineal feet of four (4) inch wide stripes. (Or to mfg. specification)
- Apply stripes straight and even in accordance with schedules.
- Apply stripes and other markings in widths and colors detailed by Facility Manager or Construction Manager. (Standard Line Width (Parking Spaces, Hashed Areas, Continuous Lines), is 4″ and LF of Parking Spaces is 18′)
- Barricade marked areas during installation and until the marking paint is dried and ready for traffic.